Wednesday 16 April 2008

The Smoking Ban


Apart from the obvious of doing less passive smoking, the smoking ban has not really affected me much. I occasionally keep my smoker friends company when they go out for a cigarette but that’s about it. I do know of smokers who have benefited from the smoking ban-because smokers have to now go outside to smoke, they do not smoke as much in places where they would have constantly been smoking, for example, pub/bar/club. So, surprisingly they think it is a good thing.
I think it has achieved the main aim it was introduced for, which is to lessen passive smoking. However, passive smoking still occurs, and will continue to do so until the amount of smokers decrease.For more information on the smoking ban: http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/

No comments: