Monday 28 April 2008

Comment 3 - Underage Drinking


In response to: http://naughty6.blogspot.com/2008/04/underage-drinking.html
After watching one of those police programmes on TV, I have come to realise what a problem underage drinking really is and how many kids are doing it. This really is bad behaviour! Don't these kids parents have any control over what their up to!!
That said, thinking back to when I was around the age of 14 where was I ?? In the local park drinking cheap bottles of cider that some others had bought along!! He He!!
Anyway now that I am much older and wiser with kids of my own I can criticise other people for underage drinking!!
However, there is a serious side to underage drinking as this article points out and also gives some of the health implications:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/special-report-underage-drinking-744766.html



I have to disagree with the comment made about the childrens parents having no control over them. I don't think it is the parents fault at all, they are obviously lied to by their children (another form of bad behaviour). Parents have to trrust their children - however they probably know what their kids are getting up to anyway! Rebelling is part of growing up. I personally don't think there is anything the parents can do as their children are going to do whatever they want to do anyway, whether their parents are aware or not.

No comments: